1. Cookie files (so-called “cookies”) constitute IT data, in particular text files which are stored on the Service User’s device and are intended for use on the Service websites. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they come, the period for which they are stored on the device, and a unique number.
2. The entity placing the cookie files on the Service User’s device and having access to them is the operator Random Forest sp. z o.o., Rakowicka 1, Kraków.
3. Cookies files are used for the following purposes:
a) to adapt the content of the Service website to the User’s preferences, as well as to optimize use of websites; in particular these files make it possible to recognize the Service User’s device and display the website adapted to the Service User’s individual needs;
b) to create statistics which help to understand in what way Service Users use websites, which makes it possible to improve the website’s structure and content; and
c) to maintain the Service User’s session (following log out), thanks to which the User does not have to log in and type in the password on each subpage of the Service.
4. Two basic types of cookie files are used in the Service: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files which are stored on the User’s device until such time as the User logs out, leaves the website or switches off the software (website browser). Persistent cookie files are stored on the User’s device for a specified period of time with the parameters of a cookie file or until such time as they are deleted by the User.
5. The following four types of cookie files are used in the Service:
a) necessary cookie files which make it possible to use services available in the Service, e.g. authentication cookie files are used for services which require authentication in the Service;
b) cookie files which serve to ensure security, e.g. are used to detect misuses involving authentication within the Service;
c) performance cookie files which make it possible to collect information about the way in which use is made of the Service websites; and
d) functional cookie files which make it possible to ‘remember’ settings selected by the User and the personalization of the User’s interface, e.g. as regards the selected language or region from which the User comes, character size, website appearance, etc.;
6. In many cases, software which serves to view websites (a website browser) deliberately allows the storage of cookie files on the User’s device. Service Users may at any time change the settings of the cookie files. These settings may be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic service of cookie files in the settings of the website browser or to inform a User each time they are placed on the Service User’s device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways to service cookie files is available in the software’s settings (a website browser), e.g.:
in the Internet Explorer website browser
in the Mozilla Firefox website browser
in the Chrome website browser
in the Safari website browser
in the Opera website browser
7. The Service operator informs that restrictions on the use of cookie files may have an impact on certain functions available on the Service website.
8. Cookie files may be placed on the Service User’s device and used also by partners cooperating with the operator.
9. More information about cookie files is available in the “Help” section in the website browser menu.
Personal Data Controller
The personal data controller is Random Forest sp. z.o.o. (“RFC”) with its seat in Kraków, Rakowicka 1. Personal data collected by RFC are processed in accordance with the rules set out in the personal data protection regulations, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“RODO”) and Polish regulations issued on the basis of RODO, including the Act of 10 May 2018 on Personal Data Protection. RFC keeps the personal data confidential and secures them against unauthorized access by third parties in accordance with the rules set out in the legal acts mentioned above.
Data Protection Officer
Should you have any questions concerning data processing please contact RFC, and in particular, please contact directly the Data Protection Officer at RFC at the following email address: email@example.com .
Scope and purposes of personal data processing
As part of its activity RFC collects and processes personal data:
- for purposes as may arise from legally well-founded interests pursued by RFC as the data controller: in order to render services to Clients, market RFC services, including in order to inform about events organized or attended by RFC, as well as about RFC activity (e.g. in the newsletter), and also for analytical and statistical purposes, as well as in order to provide IT security related to RANDOMFOREST.PL website (the legal ground: Art. 6 (1) (f) RODO);
- in order to implement agreements entered into by RFC with Clients, including to organize training courses, cooperate with suppliers and other entities which work with RFC (the legal ground: Art. 6 (1) (b) RODO);
- in order to recruit people who are interested in working for or with RFC the legal ground, respectively: Art. 6 (1) (c) and Art. 6 (1) (a) RODO).
RFC also processes personal data as far as legal obligations that rest with RFC are concerned (the legal ground: Art. 6 (1) (c) RODO).
Processing of your personal data is done on a voluntarily basis. However, depending on the circumstances, a refusal to furnish data or a demand to delete them may make it impossible for us, for example, to contact you, furnish you with information about RFC events and activities or performance of services. Personal data processing as part of provision of legal assistance services is regulated in the contracts signed with clients or general conditions for provision of legal services. Sending commercial information by electronic means, e.g. by e-mail, is conditional upon receipt from you of your prior consent, including the one granted by signing up for a newsletter or for special information, including theme legal alerts. In compliance with the rules set out in the personal data protection regulations and to the extent provided for therein you enjoy the right to access, correct or delete your personal data, or the right to request restriction of processing of your data, and the right to data portability. To some of those rights however you might not be entitled within the scope of the data processing as part of provision of legal assistance services. If you do not wish RFC to process your personal data for marketing purposes, you may at any time to notify your objection to the processing of personal data for this purpose.
Right to lodge a complaint
You may lodge a complaint with President of the Personal Data Protection Office (till the day on which the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 comes into force – with General Personal Data Protection Officer) as regards processing pf personal data by RFC.
Personal data will be processed, respectively: up until pertinent legally well-founded interests pursued by RFC as data controller, connected with processing of specific data, are achieved, or until the expiry of statutes of limitation relating to the agreement to which personal data processing pertains; or connected with statute barred obligations arising out of the provisions of law; or until an objection is made to data processing for marketing purposes. The newsletter and other similar information is sent by us until an objection is made in this respect.
Transfer personal data to other entities
The recipients of your personal data may include but not be limited to entities directly or indirectly affiliated with RFC, in particular through organizational or personal ties, seated in one of EU Member States, and also external service providers (e.g.: IT services providers, including cloud computing, call center services and marketing and promotion activities providers, other entities which process personal data on behalf of RFC under a contract of personal data processing), accountants, chartered accountants and auditors, lawyers, administration authorities, state services and courts.
Your personal data are processed at the RFC head office. Personal data are not conveyed to countries outside of the European Union. Should personal data be conveyed to countries outside of the EU, RFC will apply proper instruments aimed at ensuring security of your personal data.
RFC may, as a result of cooperation with its suppliers and other law firms, entrust the processing of your personal data to the above-mentioned entities. However, in each case these entities will be obligated to keep your personal data confidential, as well as to process them in accordance with the personal data protection regulations and pertinent RFC instructions.
Your personal data are not subject to profiling as one of forms of automatic processing of personal data.